Ingredients (serves one)
- 1 green bell Pepper
- 1 medium tomato (or half can diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup soy protein crumbles or cooked ground beef/turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 tsp tomato paste (omit if using canned)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- hot pepper sauce
- pinch garlic powder
- shredded parmesan cheese (or your favorite)
- olive oil
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Swirl olive oil around medium sized saute pan over medium heat and add garlic and onions. Cook until translucent. Add meat, rice and tomatoes. Stir. Next add add worcestershire, salt, pepper, garlic powder, hot sauce and basil.
3. Place peppers in an lightly oiled baking dish cut sides up. Spoon in filling and brush a little olive oil on skins of peppers. Add a small amount of cheese on top.
Bake for 25-35 minutes and enjoy.